[volt-nuts] The Fluke 732A DC Reference Standard

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 4 05:40:34 EST 2013

Fellow Volt-nuts
I have recently acquired a Fluke 732A which required a new set of 6 volt, 4 Ah batteries which after some re-working of the top plate of the battery compartment, to accommodate the lugs of the Yuasa cells are now installed and working fine. I am very pleased with this instrument having spent 12 or more years with two 731B’s . The oven stability is very good, a resistance of 4.520 K ohms being within +/-1 ohm.  I have a down-loaded manual P/N 645051, May 1983 which is somewhat ‘out of date’ for my instrument which was issued 1989/90. Is it possible that anyone has a later issue ? For example, the rear AC/DC support power supply input in my manual copy shows a pair of 4 m/m, where mine has a 3-pin socket (male) for this purpose. Anyone know the type/manufacturer of this item ?
This is a very well made instrument, and I gather that many think it better than the 732B ? Any help would be appreciated.
Roy