[volt-nuts] The Fluke 732A DC Reference Standard

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 8 18:05:07 EST 2013

Bill
Its interesting that you have reverted to the original AC/DC external supply
connectors - the two 4 mm sockets. My guess is that they moved away from
this set-up as it was probably all to easy to make connections to external
equipment - as the 27.6 volts is also available at these sockets !
Your remarks reference the quickly established stable output is exactly as I
found within 48 hours, remember my instrument had taken a ride in an
aircraft hold from
the West Coast, USA  to London, UK,  and it still recovered quickly ! The
great difference between the 732A and my 731B's is obviously temperature
stability - the oven makes this a winning factor. In fact I am very
impressed by the stability of the oven, the independent thermistor reads
4.520 K ohms +/- 1 ohm consistently. The move to gelled lead acid batteries
was also an improvement, despite the weight factor - the 731b's were
frequently
damaged by failed Ni-Cads. And then also the rotary voltage selector switch,
this can be a source of trouble.
Thanks again.
Roy