[volt-nuts] current-nut question .. total waste of ones time type question

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Wed Apr 30 16:38:19 EDT 2014

On 04/30/2014 02:01 PM, ed breya wrote:
> When I applied for the permit from the
> county, this caused nothing but grief and confusion - they didn't
> understand, and neither did PGE, why anyone would want a second meter.

At my last house when the place was rewired after a fire, I anticipated
this problem.  I had the electrical contractor move the meter base about
4 ft away from the breaker panel and install the service disconnect on
the far side of the meter.  That gave me about 5 ft of conduit inside
the house from the wall penetration to the breaker panel - plenty of
room to cut in and add the second meter base after the inspection.
Worked like a champ.

John

--
John DeArmond