[volt-nuts] New HP3458A

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 23:22:06 EDT 2014

I picked up a used HP3458A today, which I needed for some precision DC
measurements i need to make. It passes all the self tests and the Auto Cal
but is there any thing else I can check ( I have a 14 day RR).  It reads a
10V standard I made within a few tens of ppm, but it's not a 732A but that
is at least comforting.  It also reads an ESI 10Kohm standard resistor dead
on.

The only problem is that the display has some faint pixels in some
locations, with three in the second row for every digit location dead.
 Likely a pixel driver I would think.

 I am not too familiar with it yet but I noticed when I push the auto zero
button, the display has a blinking square until I hit a measurement mode
button; e.g., DCV, ACV, OHM, etc.  Is this normal?

Regards,

Randy Evans