[volt-nuts] Good quality but reasonably priced 4mm plugs?

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Sat Aug 16 06:24:52 EDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 12:44:53AM +0100, Tony wrote:

> Can anyone recommend some decent banana plugs, preferably stackable,
> for making up test leads? There don't appear to be many different
> types on Ebay - the cheapest have a single screw connection which
> loosens off at the drop of a hat, and in any case the plug, at 16mm,
> is too short for my HP 34401A.

Hello Tony.
Gordon already recommended the same kind of plugs I use, but I think
it would be better if you buy them from the manufacturer, because
I found many cheap imitation around there and they are really not the same.

They are made by Hirschmann, and if you prefer the solder/crimp version,
you should buy the BUELA 30. Red color is 930727101 and black 930727100.
They make also the female KUN 30 and the male BUELA 300 with lateral insulation
to avoid unwanted contacts when coupling them.

I normally buy them from Farnell, where you could also find the SLS425-SE/Q
that suggested Todd.

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni