[volt-nuts] Fluke 732A themistor reading

Bill Gold wpgold3637 at att.net
Sun Aug 17 14:48:36 EDT 2014

Randy:

    I have 6 ea Fluke 732A instruments.  The results of being an over the
edge and deeply obsessed "Volt Nut", they just kept adding (reproducing?)
over the years.  My readings for the themistors range from 3.407K OHMS to
4.514K OHMS and all work just fine.  3.6K OHMS would seem just fine to me.
It really depends upon the final inside temp of the oven assembly.  The one
with 3.407K OHMS measures around 47.5 degrees C while the others are around
45 C.  It is the stability of this reading over time that is very important.
Fluke says that it could change as much as 10 ohms per month but mine are
rock solid for years and years.

Bill