[volt-nuts] HP 3458A Mem test 1 hight. How do you read 32K memorychips?

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Aug 21 10:53:37 EDT 2014

Bill,

Thanks for the insight.

I always thought that I lost my CALRAM data by trying to read the chip in my
programmer while the chip was still warm.  What you are saying is that you
did not try to read your chip, just unsoldered, installed a socket, plugged
it back in and the data was corrupted.

Very interesting.

I have done this to three 3458A's and only lost the data on one of the
units.

This further supports the need to be able to read the contents before
unsoldering and have that data be able to be used to program a new chip.

Thanks for the insight and I would love to try some programs to do that.  I
only have Windows systems but I have several USB to GPIB adapter choices,
PCI to HPIB adapter choices, and RS232 to GPIB adapter choices.

Joe