[volt-nuts] HP3458A CAL ram data dumper program

Charles Black cblack at centurytel.net
Sat Aug 23 17:09:41 EDT 2014

Hi Mark,

I had success using your HP3458.exe on my HP3458A! I just backed up my
CAL data a few minutes ago. I have been interested in doing a backup for
several years but kept putting off buying the GPIB to USB adapter. I
have been using a NI GPIB-ENET/100 for some years now and so your
program was a way for me to backup CAL ram at no cost.

The only preparatory steps I needed was to test my GPIB connectivity
with NI Measurement & Automation Explorer's Communicate with Instrument
function. Then I Reset the 34358A and set END to Always. I had NI's I/O
Trace on the whole time just to keep track of everything. I think the NI
488 software is a free download.

Thanks for all the work you did!

Charlie