[volt-nuts] Looking for Datron 4000 series calibration key!

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 12:15:22 EDT 2014

Chris,

Where do you live? I just had some keys made last week for my Datron units.
The first set fit my 4000A and 1071, but they did not fit my 4700. The
4000A key looked more like the pictures online, but the 4700 was completely
different.
Someone may have rekeyed or damaged the lock on the 4700. I ended up
putting the 1071 tumbler in my 4700. The original one will eventually end
up in the 1071.

Removing the 4000 switch should not be too bad. On my 4700, I have four
philips screws in the back corners. I also have three that go across the
top. One of them is behind the filter cover. I pulled the back cover away
from the frame enough to get to the switch. The switch is held to the back
cover by its outer collar. It threads on the lock and can be loosened with
some soft jaw pliers. If you can get it out, any good locksmith can make
you a set in a day.

Todd