[volt-nuts] AC calibration

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Wed Aug 27 05:14:09 EDT 2014

what nist means is that a precision meter is not considered a standard. you always measure against a true standard (732a, esi sr104...). nist does not mean that as part of doing equipment calibration a 3458a cannot be used as aid. also keep in mind nist has a different approach than a cal lab, for obvious reasons. a cal lab would do a transfer measurement using a 3458a and a voltage/current source, sure.

there are precision ratio transformers available from various vendors, they can be used for low frequency precision calibrations, up to 20khz only (if anybodys knows one specified above 20khz I am interested to hear). so they will help you only partially in calibrating even a low precision 5101.