[volt-nuts] PC board layout software [WAS: HP-419...]

Oz-in-DFW lists at ozindfw.net
Wed Dec 3 17:58:34 EST 2014

I've used both and settled on KiCAD.  I have customers that use Eagle,
so I have the most recent versions installed and use it on a regular
basis as well.

Both Eagle and KiCAD have their quirks.  There are a lot of library
components for both.  This isn't much of a factor for me because I
always seem to build my own for projects.  I find building KiCAD parts
easier than Eagle, though I've heard others claim exactly the opposite.

Eagle has a larger user base and therefore support community. KiCAD has
a smaller, but very effective support community.

My recommendation is give KiCAD a try.  The real cost for either package
is the learning curve, and I think KiCAD is easier to get productive in.

Oz (In DFW)

mailto:oz at ozindfw.net
Oz
POB 93167