[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 on ebay UK

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 26 07:39:33 EST 2014

Hi,
I just won a 7071 on ebay complete with input lead. The seller is listing another one, item 231167733398 for a bit more money than I paid. Presumably because it's "claibration is valid" I do note that the cal sticker on the on I won (haven't received the meter yet) expired late last year and is blue with "calibration" (looks like IFR) on it. The current listing meter has a yellow "concessed calibration" sticker so has either not been checked on all ranges/functions or to full specifications so watch out if you bid on it. The seller, Leafiead, is a MOD disposals agent but has no technical knowledge. It will be nice to have a big Solartron again and this 7.5 digit unit (same circuit as 7081 8.5 digit) is effectively calibrated for life to 6.5 digit accuracy.

Robert G8RPI.