[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 on ebay UK

T. Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 22:36:04 EST 2014

Congrats.

Does it include a calibration key? A few of us have one, or you may get one
made by a locksmith if you plan on servicing it yourself.

I bought a used 7061 last year that looked showroom new. The original
stickers from Solartron were unbroken and had only one issue, the Varta
battery was dead. It leaked onto the digital board and caused corrosion.
The meter reported GLUG errors on power-up, but once it was cleaned and
replaced, all was well. It just needs a cal and it will be ready to go.

I think others have reported battery issues and it should be easy to get if
it is a similar model.  I found mine at Newark, so Farnell would probably
have it too. I used a 3.6V 110mAH NI-MH battery vs the old NI-Cd.
The Varta pn is 55711603800.

Todd