[volt-nuts] Another different question for Fluke 732A owners

Demian Martin demianm_1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 00:15:43 EST 2014

Has anyone looked into swapping the SLA's with the short life expectancy for
some of the new LI batteries? My guess is that the box draws around 300 mA
at 24V or around 7W (seems excessive today). There are a number of high
current LI options that would easily fit, weigh a lot less get rid of the
lead and its disposal problems etc. I don't think the charger would need a
lot of rework either and there are protection boards and other stuff all
over ebay for LiFE or LIPO batteries. I have one 732A so it's a lot of
effort for one box but if you have several its worth looking into. Perhaps a
kit to make the change would be popular?