[volt-nuts] What made a HP3458A so expensive

Bill Gold wpgold3637 at att.net
Sat Jan 18 17:17:05 EST 2014

In fact if you look at a 1982 HP catalog you will see that the 3456A was
selling for around $3,700 and given inflation the 3458A is still a pretty
good bargain when it was introduced in 1989.  In 1989 the 3456A was selling
for $4,600 while the 3458A was selling for $5,900.  I wonder if there will
ever be a "3459A" 9.5 digit meter?  With a super miniture Josehpson Junction
for a reference?
Bill