[volt-nuts] The 3458A A/D

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 20 21:04:18 EST 2014

The Fluke 8508 is actually more of a Wavetek/Datron 1281 under the hood. The real difficulty in introducing a 3458A competitor is that the scientific community has been characterizing the HP meter for three decades. It's quarks and idiosyncrasies are well know such as how it will drift, or react to environmental changes.  Even a superiour meter will take years to be as usable.

Thomas Knox