[volt-nuts] Matched resistors

George Atkinson robertg8rpi at virginmedia.com
Fri Jul 25 13:14:26 EDT 2014

At risk of being flamed for suggesting scrapping an instrument, selecting
the best pair from the K-V divider of an old Null Voltmeter may be an
option. A simple bridge with the test resistors in a heated oil bath and
the other pair kept constant will give an indication of match. Take care
not to mechanically or thermally stress the resistors when removing them.
The resistors will have been well matched originally and will be well aged.

Robert G8RPI.