[volt-nuts] Matched resistors

Ivan.Cousins ijcousins at frontier.com
Fri Jul 25 16:04:29 EDT 2014

Randy,

You might want to look at:

Digikey PN 749-1052-1-ND (qty 1, $0.89)
or
Digikey PN Y4485-5K/5KBCT-ND (qty 1, $22.93)

Both parts are from Vishay.

My advice is to build something and then measure that something.

You are the best judge of your immediate design problem and measurement
capabilities.

I have found, after many years, that waiting for an "Expert" to hand you
your answer does not work.

No other "Expert" is as familiar with your present problem as you are.

After a number of build-measure cycles, you may become the new "Expert".

If one waits for the ultimate answer then you may wait forever.

The art of engineering is to get close enough.

One can remain in the "thinking" stage forever, it can become an endless
loop.

Once you start the project by building and then measuring, you will be
on your way to an answer, your answer.

I am reminded of a saying "everything is a transducer" used here before.
The interactions in this case are the usual temperature, stress-strain,
humidity, resistor metal migration, etc.
Notice that I did not include time, (long term drift), on purpose.
It could be explained by one of the above or other, measurable quantity
over a measurement interval.

This is meant in the best spirit possible.
Best of luck in your project.

John C.