[volt-nuts] A Fluke 732A

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 8 23:44:07 EST 2014

Good points Dick. A good question to ask yourself is what level of documentation do you really need? And what is the cost per PPM. You may find a local lab with less accreditation charging half then price that is fully capable of of calibrating to the limit of the 732A but cannot document to the level of a primary standards lab. Add to that the fact that the 732A cal'ed locally would not be subject to the abuse of shipping and the calibration on you bench may exceed that of a NIST JJA cal. Yes a 1-2PPM Cals is not as sexy as a .1PPM Cal but in the real world the results when used in you home lab my be the same.
Just look at the effects of temp and humidity on calibration and you will see my point.`to yours.
Thomas Knox