[volt-nuts] 3458A RAM batteries

Richard Moore richiem5683 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 01:32:46 EDT 2014

My 3458A tested with marginal RAM when I sent it to Loveland for cal.
Gary advised that I buy the replacement RAM board which uses RAM chips
that have replaceable batteries (? could they be super caps?) that snap
onto the tops of the chips. They sent the meter back to me with no
charge other than for shipping. I bought the upgrade board and new cable
which is needed because the new board is shorter than the old style, and
the old cable won't reach. Then I sent it back to Loveland for cal. I
think the RAM board was around $450 -- old memory in failing RAM chips
in head.... bad batteries there too.

Dick Moore