[volt-nuts] HP419A Meter Pegged to Right

DaveH info at blackmountainforge.com
Wed Nov 12 02:01:09 EST 2014

The sadly missed Kevin Lightner did electronic music synthesizer repair and
had an interesting technique for cleaning older electronic circuit boards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwRlZyIG6rg

No chance for oxidation as the boards were dried immediately with compressed
air. An amazing amount of spilled beer, cigarette smoke and other crud
washing off...

Kevin's old website is here:

http://www.synthfool.com/oldindex.html

Analog music synthesizers are somewhat on-topic as every parameter is
voltage controlled and in the case of frequency (an exponential function)
the requirements are very very precise. The voltage applied is one volt per
octave change and errors of 0.2% can be detected easily. Voltage stability
is also important as these modules need to track over normal room
temperature fluctuations.

Dave