[volt-nuts] Finally got around to modifying my Fluke 845ab with LED's

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Sep 9 16:42:30 EDT 2014

Hi Dallas,

The thing is, CdS cells peak sharply at about 560nm, which is green/yellow.
They are blind to most of white light... especially to the blues which are
prominent in white LED's.

White LED's are designed purely for bulk illumination.  They have a very
slow response so that they won't flicker when used for domestic lighting
off of a 50/60Hz power source.

There are also green yellow and red LED's that are designed the same way,
but there are many that switch quickly too.

-Chuck Harris