[volt-nuts] HP 3456A AC cal

MARVIN marvin.gozum at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 12:14:32 EDT 2014

The 3456a is ~20x less accurate than the 3458a in VAC. That's as good as it gets.

Here's a comparison of all the top DVM as provided in the 1993 HP equipment catalog, 1993 was unique in that it covered many generations of DVM/DMM many of which were soon to be dropped from sale.

Click or go to the link:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/f4f16c350823319

The 3456a shines in DCV.

A used 34401a typically sells for $300-700, a 3457a ~ $200-400, 3458a ~ $2,000-5000 but a 3456a is ~$70, it offers very good bang for buck in DCV.