[volt-nuts] AC voltage "standards".

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Thu Apr 9 16:44:56 EDT 2015

these instruments are painfull to use, complex measurement procedures and pretty unstable (if you want to use their ppm resolution). I spend hours and hours calibrating a set. lots of data available from standards labs.
what I would recommend is a ballantine 1605A. easy to use, very precise, well priced, broad frequency range but needs to be calibrated of course as well. you could go from one single calibrated thermal converter (e.g. 10V) and with e.g. a nanovoltmeter (34420A)  you could do a full 1605 ladder calibration. poor man's 792...