[volt-nuts] dark display for 3458

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:04:39 EDT 2015

I have fielded two dozen pieces of equipment with 2x16 VFD from Noritake. These are on 24/7 and they were shipped over a 4 year period starting in 2000. In normal state, there are 4 digits always turned on on the first line. The other digits are rarely turned on.
The displays start being noticeably darker after 2 years and barely usable after 3-4 years. The digits that are not normally used seem to last much longer but they eventually get darker, just at a much slower rate. It may be due to contamination rather than the filament itself wearing out. By now, most have been replaced at least once, with a different part number because the old one has become obsolete.

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.