[volt-nuts] Transmille 8081

Alan Ambrose alan.ambrose at anagram.net
Wed Apr 22 13:30:05 EDT 2015

Hi Ken,

>>> Well, for metrology [which is what you are likely doing with an 8.5-digit anything], a main technique for working with standards is to measure ratios.  Every other function on an 8.5-digit DMM is marketing drivel.

I appreciate this is a voltnuts 101 question - but, for educational purposes :), is it possible to explain your point further re ratios and why the other functions are not important? That's not a challenge btw, just a request for some more of your thinking as the conclusion isn't obvious - to me at least.

TIA, Alan