[volt-nuts] HP 3458A user-defined keys

Don@True-Cal truecalservices at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 16:43:30 EDT 2015

Steve,

I don't have immediate access to the User's Guide right now to help you with the exact front panel procedure but you can fully program multiple commands into the numbered keys via front panel. I used the front panel to program the #1 key for best resolution DCV measurements as defined by the "Front Panel Quick Start Guide". #2 key for best resolution ACV measurements and the #3 Key for best 4-wire ohms measurements. Both the User's Guide and the Quick start Guide covers the procedure.

The HP 3458A was actually sold by Fluke and included a Fluke front panel plastic overlay with all of the numbered keys programmed for multiple command macros. I adopted the #1, #2 & #3 key schema.

Don