[volt-nuts] hp 3456a ohms calibration

Cowham, Chuck chuck.cowham at regula-llc.com
Thu Apr 30 16:05:26 EDT 2015

Ken,

Coincidently, I just recalibrated a pair of 3456A meters I have been running 24/7 for over a year.

10 V and 1 V ranges were no problem with adjustment pots having very good resolution.

1 K, 10 K, and 100 K pots were a little more fiddly.  I used 10 PLC averages for setting the pots, and then 100 PLC to re-check the setting was within 1 count.  Reading stability on these ranges with 100 PLC was 1 count, or less.

-- Chuck