[volt-nuts] Building a high resolution DAC

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Mon Aug 17 14:50:23 EDT 2015

Hi:

I haven't been following this thread but see it's about making a DAC with a lot of bits.
While researching a Quantec GPS receiver I discovered a patent that for a 4 bit DAC to be used to drive a precision
oscillator.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Q5200.shtml#Patent
It depends on using the carry out from an NCO that has a 48 bit input word.

PS HP/Agilent has some instruments with very high quality programmable DC sources such as the 4352 VCO tester.  These
have very low noise but I forget how many bits.

Mail_Attachment --
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com