[volt-nuts] Design Spark PCB Design Package

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 10:40:33 EST 2015

On 5 Jan 2015 15:36, "Randy Evans" <randyevans2688 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is indirectly pertinent to the group since I am designing a PCB for
> the HP-419A and Fluke 845A modifications.  Does anyone have any
> experience/comments on the Design Spark PCB design package?  Is is a
viable
> package for hobbyist use?
>
> thanks,
>
> Randy Evans

I have not used it.

Have you looked at Kicad? It is used by both professionals and hobbyists,
and being open source, is not reliant on RS to update it.

Now there is a decent open source PCB layout program,  I would not suggest
anyone learn a new proprietary package unless there were very good
reasons,  such as an employer says you must use a particular program.

Dave