[volt-nuts] "*WAY* too expensive for even Keysight to redesign"

Marv @ Home marvin.gozum at comcast.net
Wed May 13 12:37:20 EDT 2015

Aside, there are private fabrication houses that make short runs of
obsolete chips in order to keep mission critical electronics running,
such as in aerospace and military applications.  I'm not sure what
Keysight would actually do, but I would presume not only do they
stockpile key parts, both active and passives, as well as full boards
for board level swaps, but periodic re-checking their inventory for
functional integrity can be a never ending task as components age
beyond their expected operational life.  If parts truly were to
become obsolete even beyond private fabrication, their management
should design replacements boards and field test them way in advance
of parts becoming extinct, until they decided the product was not
worth maintaining.

http://www.lansdale.com/