[volt-nuts] "*WAY* too expensive for even Keysight to redesign"

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Fri May 15 01:38:12 EDT 2015

I think most of the top companies were founded by scientists and engineers and because of their roots in the scientific community they were very customer driven, but it seems recently most of the test and measurement companies have become stock-holder driven as the management with a background in science retire. In addition many of these large companies buy up the small start-ups from the Scientist and engineers that created them as an alternative to in house R&D. Once purchased they are quickly transisioned to the stock-holder driven model. Sadly in some cases I think the philosophy is to buy all the competitors and control the market to the point that they don't need to provide the same level of products, support, and service we enjoyed in the past since there are few alternatives.  In this paradigm shift I think Keysight is better then most. I keep hoping they design a new meter to replace the 3458A or at least redesign the digital portion with a more freindly user interface,  perhaps a menu driven color touch screen and the ability to stored and display data graphically. Who knows they may have something in the works.

Thomas Knox