[volt-nuts] HP 735A DC Transfer Standard

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Tue May 19 04:36:08 EDT 2015

Hi Bill
Well I suppose I should have guessed it - Fluke are probably the # 1 when it
comes to DC 'Standards'  I had never encountered an HP-735 before and this
one is in overall good condition - I will complete the restoration and keep
it as a 'collectors item (its not too big!) As for the fluke range, I have
two 731B's and better, a Fluke 732A which has been running non-stop for more
than a year - it now reads the same on my HP 3458A , which is still in
calibration. I agree that the Fluke 731B is a good standard for its size,
pity about the 'poor' battery back-up circuitry, and the NI-CADs which have
damaged so many. The other shortcoming was the rotary switch - it would have
been better with a set of terminals for each range.
Regards
Roy