[volt-nuts] 3458A resistance calibration

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri May 22 04:22:27 EDT 2015

--------
In message <555E5D13.4060006 at freenet.de>, Frank Stellmach writes:

>The VHP101 has [...]

I'd be surprised if HP didn't have a pretty hostile incoming inspection
procedure for this component, so I'd expect the specs of the onces that
made it into HP3458 instruments to be somewhat tighter.

I've always wondered what a company like HP did with rejects against
in-house-specs ?   Did they have multiple grades so that the best
ended up in 3458, the next best in 3457 and the ones living up to
manufactureres spec in 3456 ?