[volt-nuts] Fluke 750a batteries.............

Stan Katz stan.katz.hk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 00:56:21 EDT 2015

Four Tadiran 5955 2/3 AA lithiums have worked fine for me. They come with
leads that I just soldered onto the battery holder terminals.
Hello All,

I posted this over at the HP yahoo group as well, so pardon the redundancy
if you belong to both or more.

My new to me Fluke 750a reference divider arrived last evening and I have
been having one heck of a time finding info on replacement battery options
others have used on their 750a's.  Fluke spec'd (2) 6.7v mercury cell
batteries for the overload protection circuit and these are clearly no
longer available.  What is everyone using for power?  I am hoping to not
use a separate DC supply for this app.

The only manual I can find is here:

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/fluke/750a/ <
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/fluke/750a/>

I have been able to find Wein batteries that are 1.35v zinc/air and I could
stack and shrink wrap 5 of those in series to arrive at 6.75 very stable
volts, but they are a minimum of $4.50 each cell.  I was hoping to find a
more affordable / elegant solution.

Will the circuit handle (2) 3.6v Li-Ion in series instead?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

David