[volt-nuts] Fluke 720a self calibration repair

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 04:05:14 EDT 2015

> I do know that the UK has a 20% VAT on each level of manufacture and/or distribution. That can add up quickly in the end purchase price.

That's not quite how VAT works.  If I buy a widget with a notional value of a pound, I pay £1.20.  If I am registered for VAT (typically the case for most businesses), I can then sell it on at £2 plus tax (IOW £2.40), I offset the input tax (20p) against the output tax (40p) and end up owing the govt. 20p.

Cheers, Dave