[volt-nuts] Wanted - UK source of a replacement battery (type LX 1634) fo...

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Jan 24 17:35:06 EST 2016

The 3rd edition service manual shows BT601 on the schematic as 3 Volts,
however the parts lists in that manual shows it as originally being a 2.9V
battery with the list of parts changes indicating that it was  later changed
to 3.4V, and that the new battery is not compatible with the  original
resistor network.
Just to confuse, an earlier manual shows that same battery in the parts
list as 3V, and just to confuse further both parts list refer to the battery
as  BT501 instead of BT601.

These batteries are described in the parts list as Lithium Sulfur  Dioxide.

There's a bit more information here.....

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-426-hp-3457a-multimeter-teardown/

The text only version on archive.org of an old SAFT catalog shows this for
the LX-1634....

LX1634,  2 /3A,  3.0,  0.85,  0.660,  16.8,  1.380,

 35.1,  0.49,  14.0,  S.GTM.FU.
Sort of bring your own units but it does look like 3 V.
Further searches on LX-1634 might prove beneficial.
Regards
Nigel
GM8PZR