[volt-nuts] Wanted - UK source of a replacement battery (type LX 1634) for HP 3457A 6.5 digit multimeter

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Mon Jan 25 14:10:04 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 04:52:56PM +0000, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) wrote:

> It is the same general type, but the pinout is wrong. Mine has two radial
> pins, not 3. That will not fit.

Sorry, I understand now it's a 2/3A, much bigger.

The original LX1634 (LX16/34) is a Li-SO2, 850mAh, 2.8V nominal, 3V open
circuit. Current SAFT model is "G 32/3".

Here is the datasheet

http://www.saftbatteries.com/force_download/G_323.pdf

I saw the code "G 32/3.4" should point to the version with PCB pins, but I
wasn't able to find the original datasheet and any EU source.

If you can accept to change the chemistry to a Li-MnO2, you can use the Varta
06237501301 from the supplier I suggested. This is a 2/3AA, same height,
thinner, with radial leads like a capacitor, so you should find the way to fit
it.

Another idea could be use a holder and put a (very easy to find everywhere)
CR123A.

Best regards,
 Andrea Baldoni