[volt-nuts] Practical power supply noise testing

Mitch Van Ochten Mitch at vincentelectronics.com
Sat Jul 2 17:17:47 EDT 2016

Hi John,

A simple check is to measure the output with an HP 3400A or HP3400B.  These are true RMS meters (AC coupled) with 10 Hz to 10 MHz BW and capability to handle VERY high crest factors and still give an accurate readings.  They go down to 1 mV FULL-SCALE which should be sensitive enough for checking bench supplies.

Best regards,

mitch