[volt-nuts] Keithley 2001 - do you need to open it to calibrate it?

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 17:44:00 EDT 2016

You can run the self-tests to confirm the seller was telling the truth.
Smells are probably bad caps, and if you don't feel like dealing with a
recap, returning it would be best.

The keypad is held in place using two plastic strips. If one has broken or
fallen off, then you would see the keys push away from the panel. They are
easy to fix and are sometimes glued in place.

I am guessing it was opened and promptly put up for sale. I have repaired a
couple and they are great meters, but I am hesitant to go down that road
again. You never know how damaged they could be until you strip it down.