[volt-nuts] LTZ1000 project build

Russ Ramirez russ.ramirez at gmail.com
Wed May 25 14:24:09 EDT 2016

A lot of great information Eric, thanks for sharing the link.

Due to my ignorance in general on the subject of Metrology, I have the
following question for the list.

If one built a project with the LTZ1000, like the one described on xDevs
and could set it to a value of 7.15000000v at the NIST lab, and observed
stability to 7 1/2 digits, would using that device to calibrate your own 7
1/2 digit DMM be considered NIST traceable? Let's say your device is well
insulated and battery powered, and your calibration was done at the same
altitude and room temperature as at NIST, plus anything I left out that
would make the conditions ideal.

The above was not meant to be a trick question, and I may have asked it
incorrectly, but I view the answers as instructive - or I hope they are.

Russ