[volt-nuts] low emf solder

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 28 20:42:34 EDT 2016

Laser welding should work for either similar or dissimilar materials.At one time microwire PCBs  used stainless steel  wires were welded to stainless lands.
Bruce

    On Saturday, 29 October 2016 1:39 PM, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> wrote:

 On 28 Oct 2016 15:25, "Juris L" <juris.l at gmail.com> wrote:

> Found reference to optimal emf solder composition cadmium/tin alloy
> (70 %/30 %) in JJ array measurement article page 12.

I wonder how practical it is to weld test leads, so there's no solder or
thermal EMF.

I know that this will sound crazy, and probably is, but could one weld
components to a PCB?

I don't even have the excuse of been drunk or taking drugs,  but I will
risk ridicule for making the above comment!  Sometimes thinking out of the
box is useful.

Dave.