[volt-nuts] low emf solder

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Sat Oct 29 09:51:46 EDT 2016

On 10/28/2016 08:39 PM, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) wrote:

> I wonder how practical it is to weld test leads, so there's no solder or
> thermal EMF.
>
> I know that this will sound crazy, and probably is, but could one weld
> components to a PCB?

Yes indeed.  About 20 years ago I had a machine that made circuit board
by routing tiny wires and spot welding them to the connection.  I can't
for the life of me remember that process name.

Only problem is, if you weld two different metals together, even copper
with different compositions, you've still made a very rugged and durable
thermocouple.

John

--
John DeArmond