[volt-nuts] Fluke 732a concernes

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Wed Aug 30 05:01:18 EDT 2017

Igor,

I would actually ignore the 1V and 1.018V outputs. You can always determine their actual value using your 3458A in transfer mode against the 10V. The purpose of a voltage reference is not to be at exactly the nominal value all the time (requiring readjustment), but just to be close to nominal with known deviation and known drift rates. Working 732As show a very low drift, well below spec, provided you do not do much adjustment (never adjust the trimmers). Users have seen massive drifts starting when this was done. My 732A e.g. has a drift of only about 0.2ppm pa over a couple of years, so pretty good. The drift direction may change when you let it cool down, so you dont want to switch it off.

cheers