[volt-nuts] GPIB Issue with 3458A

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 00:39:57 EST 2017

I am still unable to get my HP-3458A to work with the xdevs program
"HP3458A_Measure_DMM_Noise.488" (https://xdevs.com/article/dmm_noise/).  It
works fine with my Agilent 3458A and with a friend's HP-3458A and his
Agilent 3458A using the EZGPIB program.  The SW versions are identical with
my friend's DMMs, the HP units are (8.2) and with the Agilent units are
(9.2).  However, both of my units work fine with the KE5FX GPIB Toolkit
HP3458.EXE program to download the NVRAM CAL data.  This would seem to
indicate that my HP-3458 GPIB works at least partially.

Does anyone have a EZGPIB program that I could try to run (that is
different from the Xdev program)?  It would be nice to see if I could get
something to work other than the HP3458.EXE program.  Or if any one has
some ideas on what to look for.

Thanks,

Randy Evans