[volt-nuts] Fluke 332B

David C. Partridge david.partridge at perdrix.co.uk
Sun Jul 9 06:38:55 EDT 2017

I have the offer of a bare PCB for a replacement chopper circuit which is described here:

<http://www.friedrich-messtechnik.de/index.php/bauanleitungen/87-fluke335-332>

When running through the calibration of the unit last night, I found that it was really quite noisy with the output varying by 10s of micro-volts, and the calibration potentiometers were also quite noisy and difficult to set accurately (I was using NPLC 100 setting).

So, is it worthwhile to replace the chopper amplifier board and replace electrolytic caps or would that just make marginal improvements (I saw one of Dr. Frank's posts on EEVBLOG indicating that these were quite noisy beasts).

If it would still be an unstable, noisy brute after I finished that, then I think I'll put it on eBay ...

Now to try to lug the 4808 up to my work room to see it that will work!

Dave