[volt-nuts] Banana jack shorting straps

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 12 01:59:00 EST 2017

Mine have 2 oz copper on each side and some via stitching between the sides.   I am waiting for the prototypes from OSHPARK to determine if / where I can add additional vias without compromising the structural integrity by creating "break me here" fault paths.

I have a 4-way layout in the works (basically the same design with longer "legs" that will reach to the other pair of jacks.   Unlike the Fluke one, I don't have any solder mask on mine.  Different banana jacks have different sized contact disks and if you get the solder mask too close to the slot it can keep the jack from making contact to the copper / ENIG gold.