[volt-nuts] Best way to measure micro Ohms

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Sep 18 23:13:54 EDT 2017

If this stuff is what I think it is, it does contain
a sand of sharp, probably aluminum oxide, abrasive.

The idea is when you bolt the connection together, the
abrasive will break through the aluminum oxide layer
on the conductors, and will mushroom out the aluminum as
the abrasive burrows in, making lots of pure aluminum
metal contacts.

Usually, it also contains a dense oil to keep oxygen
away, and prevent further oxidization of the aluminum.

-Chuck Harris