[volt-nuts] 3458A Multi-Year Calibration/Service Agreement

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 12:15:37 EDT 2018

Don,

I have not negotiated the agreement but am happy with the cost. You will be
too if the meter fails cal and needs repair. I paid for the 5 years of
service up front and the calibration agreement is paid annually. I found it
easier to do it this way. I changed the calibration level to the one with
uncertainties on the third year. They just canceled the old cal agreement
and the new one renews upon payment.

My meter has failed once and the A1 needed to be replaced. It paid for the
service contract a few times over. I renew for another 5 years next year if
possible. If they announce a replacement meter, I will renew ASAP.

There has been no mention of anyone getting a discount. Some companies like
Tektronix will give a discount if you list a large amount of equipment for
possible cal. I was told you didn't need to send it all in but just be a
potential source of more revenue. Keysight might work the same way. List
out all your gear for cal and maybe they will work with you on pricing.

Todd