[volt-nuts] How can I make a 2000 V DC meter with an input resistance of at least 100 T ohms?

kc9ieq kc9ieq at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 22:12:36 EDT 2018

I guess I don't see what the issue is.  No, impedance is not infinate when not nulled, but this is why V supply #2 Is adjustable by whatever convenient means.  Rough adjust, connect, adjust for null, measure.  Rinse and repeat.  If it were my project, I'd just run up an HV transformer on a variac, with a rectifier, cap, and probably some series R thrown at it to limit current through the meter.  Curious to know what the application is, if this will not work.
Good luck with whatever solution you choose.
Regards, Chris

Sent from my SMRTphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk> Date: 3/22/18  8:58 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: kc9ieq <kc9ieq at yahoo.com>, Discussion of precise voltage measurement <volt-nuts at febo.com> Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] How can I make a 2000 V DC meter with an input resistance of at least 100 T ohms?